Currently I am taking part in the Trimester Program Tropical Geometry, Amoebas and Polytopes at the Institute Mittag-Leffler in Stockholm, Sweden.
You may wish to consult my CV.
- In March I am going to be be at University of Cologne to give a talk about joint work with Kristin Shaw and Johannes Rau on the Lefschetz (1,1)-theorem in tropical geometry at the Workshop Tropical Geometry meets Representation Theory.
- Also in March I am going to give a talk at the Workshop on moduli spaces of curves and mirror symmetry at the Institute Mittag-Leffler.
- In July I am going to participate in the conference Berkovich spaces – 30 years in Paris.
My main research interest lies in the field of algebraic geometry. More specifically I am interested in non-archimedean and tropical geometry and their applications to arithmetic geometry.
- Tropical geometry: Cohomology of tropical varieties, tropical intersections theory, Hodge theory for tropical varieties
- Non-archimedean geometry: Tropical Dolbeault cohomology of algebraic varieties, harmonic and subharmonic functions on Berkovich spaces.
A general motivation for me to study the above mentioned objects is to unify the treatment of archimedian and non-archimedean primes in Arakelov theory.
At the Institute Mittag-Leffler
SE-182 60, Djursholm
At Georgia Tech
School of Mathematics
Georgia Institute of Technology
686 Cherry Street
Atlanta, GA 30332-0160
office: Skiles 137
email: philipp “dot” jell “at” math “dot” gatech “dot” edu
Last updated: February 23rd, 2018