I'm a Heisenberg fellow in Theoretical Physics at the University of Regensburg.
"Physics is not mathematics, just as mathematics is not physics. Somehow
nature chooses only a subset of the very beautiful and complex and intricate mathematics that mathematicians develop, and that precise subset is what the theoretical physicist is trying to look for." C.N. Yang according to R. Jackiw
|| PD Dr. Falk Bruckmann
Institute for Theoretical Physics
phone: +49 941 943 2002
fax: +49 941 943 3887
email: falk.bruckmann at ur.de
German descriptions at
and Mittelbayerische Zeitung
- Non-perturbative aspects of Quantum Chromodynamics/Yang-Mills Theories: instantons, monopoles, vortices, calorons
- QCD under extreme conditions: high temperature and/or high density and/or external magnetic field; mainly by virtue of Lattice gauge theory
- sign problem and dualizations, also in spin systems
Latest Proceedings and Papers
all my papers on SPIRES
- Matthias Puhr (Postdoc)
- Jacob Wellnhofer (PhD student)
- Stephan Lochner, Master 2017: "Nonlinear sigma models at finite density: From instantons to complex saddles"
- Niki Kilbertus, Bachelor 2014: "Analyzing non-self-dual solutions in the CP^(N-1) model"
- Dr. Tin Sulejmanpašić, Dr. rer. nat. 2014: "Nonperturbative physics, fractional instantons and matter fields"
- Rudi Roedl, Master 2013: "Quark spectra in topological backgrounds with chemical potential"
- Dr. Sebastian Schierenberg, Dr. rer. nat. 2012: "Lattice studies of quark spectra and supersymmetric quantum mechanics"
and Dipl.-Phys. 2008: "Ensemble Transition in Random Matrix Theory"
- Dr. Bo Zhang, Dr. rer. nat. 2011: "Two Aspects of the Quantum Chromodynamics' Transition at Finite Temperature"
- Dr. Florian Gruber, Dipl.-Phys. 2009: "Comparison of Filtering Methods in SU(3) Lattice Gauge Theory"
- Mark de Kok, PhD 2008: "Broken Symmetries in Field Theory"